Play Therapy Workshop Descriptions
Ecosystemic Play Therapy through a Cultural and Social Diverse Lens
Sponsored by the NASW
VIRTUAL ONLY– Non-Contact CEs (2)
June 30, 2023
10:00 am -12:15pm EST
As clinicians, it is important to move from a focus on mastery in understanding our clients to being accountable in challenging unconscious bias that impact marginalized communities. This training will explore ways in which cultural values and structural forces impact client experiences as well as the clinician’s approach and capacity for care. Ecosystemic Play Therapy focuses on the whole client in that children are largely dependent on the systems in which they are encapsulated and rely on clinicians to meet those needs. Drawing on multiple theories, and the therapeutic powers of play, this training will focus on conceptualizing a case where a client faces difficulties in an environmental context and designing treatment plans and interventions to meet their needs. Clinicians will be asked to focus on self-awareness and the barriers clients face in treatment, and ways to be more inclusive of present health, economic, and social inequities.
- Explore the seminal theory of Ecosystemic Play Therapy
- Demonstrate the use of therapeutic powers of play and intersectionality with assessment and treatment planning
- Explore cultural humility and self reflection when working with youth
- Explore clinical reflective practice
- Demonstrate at least 3 inclusive play therapy interventions with children
Children’s Drawings in Play Therapy- Beginner/Intermediate 6 CEs
IN PERSON AND LIVE VIRTUAL
August 4, 2023
9:00 am- 4:00 pm EST
Children often better express their emotions on a nonverbal level though art and play. Children’s drawing, for instance, can tell a story about what children are feeling in a way that talking about it does not. This workshop consists of evidenced based practices, art and play therapy, and how they play an instrumental part in helping children heal. Participants will be engaged in the therapeutic art and play techniques demonstrated to better understand their application and use with children.
- Identify how using drawings as a means of communication enhances the play therapy session.
- Identify the therapeutic benefits of using drawing in play therapy.
- Highlight how catharsis can be difficult to reach when working with children who are challenged with complications of managing emotions.
- Demonstrate at least 6 play and art-based interventions for children utilizing the therapeutic powers of play.
Live Online Format Policies and Procedures
We will meet via ZOOM. ALL participants agree to the following:
- Be visibly present online to receive non- contact CEs.
- Absolutely NO partial CE credit will be given.
- Attendees NOT visibly present online will be logged off with NO refund.
- Workshops are limited to 40 attendees online.
- Use of breakout rooms for small group work requires you to be present with cameras on.
- Attendees should have a strong/stable Internet connection for online training.
- By attending this training, all attendees consent to have their image and name present, and/or sound recording, and image recorded as participants of the audience. The host may use such photos, filming, and recordings (including any copies) without compensation to attendees.
- Attendees MUST complete quiz upon completion of live workshop for non-contact CEs.
Program Policy and Procedures
- All attendees must be present at the start of the training to receive full CEs
- Absolutely NO partial CE credit will be given.
- Speaker line-up, workshops and schedule are subject to change.
- Workshops will be recorded and made available for non-contact CEs.
- APT continuing education credit may only be awarded to mental health professionals or those in pursue of APT credentials, including supervisors and school-based play therapists.
Any opinions, finding, recommendations or conclusions expressed by the author(s) or speaker(s) do not necessarily reflect the views of the Association of Play Therapy or Replay Counseling & Consulting. Replay Counseling & Consulting reserves the right to substitute a qualified instructor due to unforeseen circumstances.
Confirmations & Cancellations
Registration should be complete at least 48 hours prior the training. Confirmation will be sent via email 24 hours prior to the training. Attendees will receive links and materials 24-hours prior to the workshop. In an event that the training in cancelled, the attendee will receive credit that can be applied to the rescheduled training event or another training opportunity. If the attendee needs to cancel within 48 hours, they will receive a credit for future training.
APT continuing education credit may only be awarded to mental health professionals or those in pursuit of APT credentials, including supervisors and school-based play therapists. Replay Counseling & Consulting/Nikole R Jiggetts is an Approved Provider of Play Therapy continuing education #22-679. 6 CEs contact/non-contact hours for play therapist for the in person/virtual workshops and 3CEs for non-contact hours for the virtual online workshop are available and included in the workshop price. These workshops meet APT’s definition of “Live Webinar.” Nikole R Jiggetts is an Approved Provider #22-679, play therapy credit will not be grated to non-mental health professionals. Certificates are awarded after the completion of the workshop. Certificates will be emailed to participants within 72 hours of the completion of the course.